Welcome to Law4IT.com
George C. Eyre, Law Offices provides practical advice and legal solutions to start-ups, consultants and to companies in the I/T, multimedia and other areas. We register and prosecute Canadian Trade Marks and assist our clients with protection around the globe. George C. Eyre, B. Math., L.L.B., M.Eng. is an ex-computer consultant who had ten years experience in the computer field with companies such as Bell Canada and I.B.M. ( New York ) before returning to law school to become a computer lawyer.
- Trade-mark application? For a no obligation quote for a trade-mark application, please complete this form.
- Independent Contractor Agreement? For a no obligation quote for an indendent contractor agreement or other agreement, please complete this form.
- For a no obligaton quote for legal work, please complete this form.
Transparency Reporting Guidelines
Posted on Industry Canada website: June 30, 2015
"Canadians expect that when they share personal information with businesses and private organisations that it will be safe, and will only be shared under specific conditions. This expectation is supported in Canadian privacy law, under which private businesses are required to be open and transparent about their policies and practices with respect to their management of personal information."
Read here: for categories and statics by Industry Canada.
Ontario to Introduce New Measures to Protect Patient Privacy
“Ontario is improving privacy and accountability in the health care system with new measures to protect the personal health information of patients.
The province intends to introduce amendments to the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) that, if passed, would strengthen privacy rules, make it easier to prosecute offences and increase fines.
These amendments would include:
Designing Privacy Protections into Computer Systems
How do you design privacy & security into a new or re-designed computer systems? How do you take advantage of the benefits of big data while protecting privacy? This presentation delves into these issues.
- Is your Smart TV spying on you? Is your cable company spying on you?
- Are You Ready For Canada’s Anti-Spam Act Which Comes In Effect On July 1, 2014
- Social Media Violations: Suspension or Termination? It Depends!
- BC Civil Liberties Association (BCCLA) Filed a Lawsuit Against the Communications Security Establishment Canada (CSEC)